Globalwits

Friday 10 April 2020

(YOU BECAME I; I BECAME YOU) - AMIR Khusrow



Man tu shudam, Tu man shudi - Amir Khusrow

मन तू शुदम तू मन शुदी
मन तन शुदम तू जां शुदी
ताकस न गोयद बाद अज़ीं
मन दीगरम तू दीगरी 



Mun tu shudam, tu mun shudi,
Mun tan shudam, tu jaan shudi;
Taakas na goyad, baad azeen,
Mun deegaram tu deegari;
                           (A Farsi/ Persian couplet)

These lines of Amir Khosrow which means “I have become you, and you me, I am the body ,you soul, so that no one can say hereafter, that you are someone and me someone else,” inspired me to write this poem “Tu Mein - Mein tu ho Gaya,” whose first four lines are translation of above lines.

तू मै ,मै तू हो गया,

मै जिस्म हूँ,तू रूह मेरी,
कहने को अब है क्या बचा,                                            
न तू मुझसे न मै तुझसे जुदा।

No comments:

Post a Comment